The content of this website may contain affiliate links and I may be compensated (at no cost to you!). Thank you so much for your support!
One of my favorite things about the new year is being able to set new goals. Goals are what keep your business moving forward and accomplishing new things.
They are what can set apart businesses that fail from businesses that succeed!
When setting goals, many of us are afraid to set big, audacious goals because we don’t want to fail. But, the truth is, we shouldn’t be afraid to set huge, scary goals. Even if we don’t accomplish them, we’ll still be making great progress.
I want to share some of my own huge, scary goals — and why you need to set big goals too!
Why You Should Set Huge, Scary Goals
1. My personal huge, scary goal! (4:01)
My personal start in the online world was with a debt freedom blog sharing my family’s goal and journey to becoming debt-free.
My husband and I set a big goal to become completely debt free (including our mortgage!) by the time we turn 40. Even though we didn’t know how we’d get there, we set the goal anyway.
Then, we found a way to pay off $120,000 of debt in two years and put $40,000 in savings on a single middle-class income. We’re not completely debt-free yet, but we know we’ll get there!
We didn’t let the size of our goal hold us back. In fact, we used it to push us forward!
2. Surround yourself with like-minded people. (7:25)
Looking at success stories of other people accomplishing similar goals helped inspire my husband and me to continue with working toward our huge, scary goal.
We also surrounded ourselves with like-minded people on the same path. This will help you validate that your goals are possible to accomplish!
3. There’s a fine line between huge goals and ridiculous goals. (7:45)
Being surrounded by other people who have accomplished the goal you’re currently working on will help you ensure that yours is achievable.
Even though setting big goals is great, there is such a thing as taking it too far and setting ridiculous goals that aren’t achievable.
4. How I set my 2017 business goal. (10:53)
Last year during my first year of business, I set a huge revenue goal. I wanted to earn $100,000 by the end of 2017. At the time that I set my goal, I had no idea how I would get there. But, I wanted to push myself to grow my business and get there.
By the end of the year, I hit 90% of my goal.
Even though I didn’t get reach my entire goal, I’m glad I didn’t set it any lower. Setting goals that are too low won’t help you strive to succeed. You need to go outside your comfort zone to see what you’re really capable of!
5. My huge, scary 2018 business goal! (15:42)
For 2018, I want to 10X my revenue goal from last year and earn $1 million in revenue! Yes, I’m putting that big, scary goal out into the universe (even though, I’m not sure exactly how I’ll reach it).
By shooting for this huge, scary goal, I know I’ll achieve much more than if I set a lower, safer goal.
6. How to set your own huge, scary goals. (18:34)
First, look back at your accomplishments. Remember a time when you surprised yourself by performing more than you expected of yourself. This will fuel you to set and achieve your big goals now!
If you enjoyed this video, let’s connect!
- 💎Ready to Flourish with Facebook Ads?! Check out the course website to get started now!
- Click here to download my free Facebook ads guide, and learn the 5 questions you must answer before spending any money on ads.
- Don’t forget to like my Facebook Page if you haven’t already. I go live every Wednesday at 1 pm PT and will be sharing more tips-and-tricks to help you flourish with Facebook ads!
- If you’d like a reminder email so you don’t miss my next weekly Facebook Live, click here to get on the list.